DISCOVER SCUBA DIVE
Who should try this experience?
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. Family Fun Scuba & Snorkel offer this program either in a pool, off a beach or from a dive boat. You can try scuba close to home or while you’re on vacation at one of our dive trips. While not a Scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
To sign up for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 10 years old. No prior experience with Scuba Diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of the FFS&S PADI Professionals. If you make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every Scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- We will speak to you about considering becoming an certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
How can you start learning now?
Contact Family Fun Scuba & Snorkel to sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving program and get a Discover Scuba Diving Participant Guide. Your Participant Guide explains the experience and lets you pre-study the safety rules and skill techniques your dive professional will review with you. You’ll also learn about opportunities to become part of the scuba community after you complete your underwater experience.
What Scuba gear will you need and use?
FFS&S will provide all the basic Scuba gear you’ll use including a mask, snorkel, fins, regulator, buoyancy control device, dive gauges and a tank.
The Next Step
Breathing underwater for the first time is thrilling, so don’t wait.
- Sign up for a Discover Scuba Diving experience at FamilyFun Scuba and Snorkel.
- Download the PADI Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement (pdf)
- Enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course if you love the Discover Scuba Dive experience.
For more information feel free to contact us:
Phone: (406) 601-1199